Please read the Terms of Service Agreement (the “TOS”) of 1151779 B.C. LTD. (herein known and doing business as Grant Assistance Services) agreement carefully. By accessing or using our sites and our services, the user/customer hereby agree to be bound by the terms, and all terms incorporated herein by reference. If the user/customer does not expressly agree to all of the terms and conditions, please do not access or use our websites or services.
1. Acceptance of Terms
The following Terms of Service Agreement is a legally binding agreement that shall govern the relationship with our users, customers and others which may interact or interface with 1151779 B.C. LTD., Grant Assistance Services, grantassistance.ca, and our subsidiaries and affiliates, in association with the use of the Grant Assistance Services website, which includes grantassistance.ca (the “Site”) and its Services, which shall be defined below.
Any and all visitors to our site, despite whether they purchase Services or not, shall be deemed as “users” of the herein contained Services provided for the purpose of this TOS. Once an individual purchases our Services, the user shall then be considered a “customer”.
The user and/or customer acknowledges and agrees that the Services provided and made available through our website and applications are the sole property of Grant Assistance Services. At its discretion, Grant Assistance Services may offer additional website Services and/or products, or update, modify or revise any current content and Services, and this Agreement shall apply to any and all additional Services and/or products, and any and all updated, modified, or revised Services unless otherwise stipulated.
2. Description of Site and Services Offered By Grant Assistance Services
This Site is an information and e-commerce website which provides information to facilitate the hiring of Grant Assistance Services, which includes, but is not limited to:
Grant writing services, confirming basic eligibility requirements are met, applications are complete, required supporting documents are both included and legible, and that the value of the proposed project/service has been clearly defined.
Grant Assistance Services also provides grant application evaluation services for grantors who require preliminary application screening.
Other services may be offered by Grant Assistance Services on a case by case basis.
3. Purchasing Services
To purchase our Services, a customer must be 19 years of age in order to enter into and form a legally binding contract. In addition, the customer must be in good standing and not an individual or organization that has been previously barred from receiving Grant Assistance Services for reasons we deem applicable, or under the laws and statutes of Canada, or other applicable jurisdiction.
4. Fees for Services
Our Services are billed depending on the amount of work required by Grant Assistance Services.
The customer agrees to pay Grant Assistance Services a prespecified deposit in advance to begin the project and in full upon completion of the application, and in accordance with the pricing and payment terms presented to the customer for that/those Service(s). Fees paid by the customer are non-refundable, except when required by law. However, there may be rare occasions where payment is returned.
5. Payment Processing
Payments are processed via e-transfer. However, alternative payment options are available if necessary.
The customer is responsible for any and all taxes associated with the purchase of the Services, including any related penalties or interest (collectively, “Taxes”). The customer will pay Grant Assistance Services for the Services without any reduction for Taxes. Grant Assistance Services is obliged to collect Taxes, so the Taxes will be invoiced to the customer.
7. Contract Liability Waiver
The customer understands and agrees that Grant Assistance Services:
- Is in no way responsible or liable for ensuring accurate and updated customer information
- Does not guarantee that Services provided will result in a grant being successful.
- Has no control over a grant application once submitted to the funder.
- Is in no way responsible for any decisions made, or actions taken or not taken, by the customer.
- Cannot and will not be held liable for any damages.
8. Your Responsibilities
The customer is responsible for providing accurate and authorized information. This includes, but is not limited to: the customer’s telephone number, email address, all billing and payment information, and any other information that we require to provide Service.
The customer is responsible for providing the stated deposit when requested, and providing final payment upon invoice.
The customer will supply Grant Assistance Services with all required information in a timely manner to ensure that the application is completed and submitted on time.
9. Contacting Grant Assistance Services
The user/customer may contact us through email, office phone number, cell phone number, or our online form.
10. Service Cancellation
The customer may cancel Service(s) from Grant Assistance Services at any time. Be aware that Service cancellations will take place immediately, and payment for Service will not be refunded unless required by law. However, there may be rare occasions where payment is returned.
Grant Assistance Services does hereby reserve the right to cancel and cease offering any of the aforementioned Services and/or products. You, as the end user and/or customer, acknowledge, accept and agree that Grant Assistance Services shall not be held liable for any such updates, modifications, revisions, suspensions or discontinuance of any of our Services and/or products.
Grant Assistance Services shall reserve the right at any time it may deem fit, to modify, alter and or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, our Services, or any part thereof, with or without prior notice. In addition, we shall not be held liable to the user/customer or any third party for any such alteration, modification, suspension and/or discontinuance of our Services, or any part thereof.
Your continued use of the Services provided, after such posting of any updates, changes, and/or modifications shall constitute your acceptance of such updates, changes and/or modifications, and as such, frequent review of this Agreement and any and all applicable terms and policies should be made by you to ensure you are aware of all terms and policies currently in effect. Should you not agree to the updated, modified, or revised terms, you must stop using the provided Services.
As a customer, you agree that Grant Assistance Services may, without any prior written notice, immediately suspend, terminate, discontinue and/or limit services, and access to any of our Services. The cause for such termination, discontinuance, suspension and/or limitation of access shall include, but is not limited to:
- any breach or violation of our TOS or any other incorporated agreement, regulation and/or guideline;
- by way of requests from law enforcement or authorized governmental agencies;
- the discontinuance, alteration and/or material modification to our Services, or any part thereof;
- unexpected technical or security issues and/or problems;
- nonpayment of any associated fees that may be owed by the user/customer.
Furthermore, the customer herein agrees that any and all terminations, suspensions, discontinuances, and or limitations of access for cause shall be made at our sole discretion, and that we shall not be liable to the user/customer or any other third party with regards to the termination of the customer’s account and/or access to any of our Services.
All users, customers and/or businesses herein agree to insure and hold Grant Assistance Services, our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, officers, partners and/or licensors blameless or not liable for any claim or demand, which may include, but is not limited to, settlement costs and reasonable attorney fees made by any third party, which may arise from any content made available through our Site and/or Services, the use of Grant Assistance Services or your connection with these Services, your violations of the Terms of Service and/or your violation of any such rights of another person.
15. Commercial Reuse of Services
The user/customer herein agrees not to replicate, duplicate, copy, trade, sell, resell nor exploit for any commercial reason any part, use of, or access to Grant Assistance Services sites and services.
Any correspondence or business dealings with, or the participation in any promotions of, advertisers located on or through our Services, which may include the payment and/or delivery of such related goods and/or Services, and any such other term, condition, warranty and/or representation associated with such dealings, are and shall be solely between the user/customer and any such advertiser. Moreover, user/customer herein agrees that Grant Assistance Services shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any nature or manner incurred as a direct result of any such dealings, or as a result of the presence of such advertisers on our website.
Grant Assistance Services may provide links to other websites and/or resources. Thus, the user/customer acknowledges and agrees that we are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and as such, we do not endorse nor are we responsible or liable for any content, products, advertising or any other materials, on or available from such third party sites or resources. Furthermore, the user/customer acknowledges and agrees that Grant Assistance Services shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any such damage or loss which may be a result of, caused or allegedly to be caused by or in connection with the use of or the reliance on any such content, goods or Services made available on or through any such site or resource.
18. Warranty Disclaimers
THE USER/CUSTOMER HEREIN EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT:
- THE USE OF GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES AND SITE ARE AT THE SOLE RISK BY THE USER/CUSTOMER. OUR SITE AND SERVICES SHALL BE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND/OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSERS MAKE NO SUCH WARRANTIES THAT (i) GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES OR SITE WILL MEET USER/CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS; (ii) GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES OR SITE SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THAT SUCH RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES OR SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL WHICH MAY BE PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY THE THE USER/CUSTOMER THROUGH OUR SERVICES OR SITE WILL MEET THE USER/CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) THAT ANY SUCH ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE SITE SHALL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED BY WAY OF GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES OR SITE SHALL BE ACCESSED BY THE THE USER/CUSTOMER’S SOLE DISCRETION AND SOLE RISK, AND AS SUCH THE THE USER/CUSTOMER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO THE THE USER/CUSTOMER’S COMPUTER AND/OR INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOADING AND/OR DISPLAYING, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT COULD RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE AND/OR INFORMATION, DESPITE WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY THE THE USER/CUSTOMER FROM GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES OR BY WAY OF OR FROM OUR SERVICES OR SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE.
19. Limitation of Liability
THE USER/CUSTOMER EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGES, UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT GRANT ASSISTANCE SERVICES AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER/CUSTOMER FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO THE LOSS OF ANY PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA AND/OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN THOUGH WE MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH POSSIBILITY THAT SAID DAMAGES MAY OCCUR, AND RESULT FROM:
- THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICE;
- THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR THE ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND/OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY ON OUR SERVICE;
- AND ANY OTHER MATTER WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO OUR SERVICE.
20. Exclusion and Limitations
THERE ARE NO JURISDICTIONS WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE, ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLY TO THE USER/CUSTOMER.
21. Third Party Beneficiaries
The user/customer herein acknowledges, understands and agrees that unless otherwise expressly provided in this Terms Of Service (TOS) agreement, that there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
Grant Assistance Services may furnish the the user/customer with notices, including those with regards to any changes to the TOS, including but not limited to email, regular mail, MMS or SMS, text messaging, postings on our website, or other reasonable means currently known or any which may be herein after developed. Any such notices may not be received if the user/customer violates any aspects of the TOS by accessing our Services in an unauthorized manner. User/customer acceptance of this TOS constitutes the agreement that the user/customer is deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had the the user/customer accessed our Services in an authorized manner.
23. Entire Agreement
This Terms Of Service agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user/customer and Grant Assistance Services and shall govern the use of our Services, superseding any prior version of this TOS between the user/customer and us with respect to Grant Assistance Services. The user/customer may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when the user/customer uses or purchases certain other Grant Assistance Services, affiliate Services, third-party content or third-party software.
24. Choice of Law and Forum
It is at the mutual agreement of both the user/customer and Grant Assistance Services with regard to the Terms Of Service agreement that the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and that any and all claims, causes of action and/or disputes arising out of or relating to the TOS, or the relationship between the user/customer and Grant Assistance Services, shall be filed within the courts having jurisdiction within the province of British Columbia. The user/customer and Grant Assistance Services agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts as previously mentioned, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
25. Waiver and Severability of Terms
At any time, should Grant Assistance Services fail to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms Of Service agreement, such failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
Updated: October 20, 2020